Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekend pancake frenzy

Ever since I tried Ina Garten's sour cream pancakes, I was hooked and craved for pancakes for weekend breakfast. I have a few pancakes recipes on my to try list, so I decided to try out 2 recipes on Saturday.

The first recipe is a Blueberry Banana Pancake,from Shape magazine. It used mostly whole wheat flour, which I figured should be pretty healthy. Maybe a bit too healthy for my palate. And I also substituted the nonfat milk with buttermilk. Maybe that had somehow changed the structure or taste of the pancakes. Anyway, I doubt if I will give this recipe another chance.

The second recipe was from the September issue of Everyday Food. The pancake was featured prominently on its cover, so I thought they must have been very proud with it. In other word, it can only be good. My instinct was right! The buttermilk pancakes were really tasty. I added in some ripe banana slices, which added to the sweetness of the pancakes. OCT thought they were a bit too fluffy, he preferred the tougher version. Other than that, it was a perfect breakfast!

Too bad I didn't have a chance to take the pancakes photos, but they looked just like any other pancakes. Not very spectacular in term of appearance. But big in flavor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails