Thursday, May 04, 2006

Orange Pound Cake


This is the cousin of the Lemon Cake, a recipe from Ina Garten as well. I wanted to make something else actually but I was left with only 1.5 cup of flour. The thought of not having enough flour was appalling. I promised myself that I will go out and get 2 bags of flour tomorrow, rain or shine. The only reason I didn't go out yesterday was the thunderstorm.

Coming back to the Orange Pound Cake. It was nice, as expected. But it is too predictable, and doesn't offer us any surprise as the Lemon Cake did. Needless to say, I like the Lemon Cake better. I must make another batch one day. Orange pound cake, like the lemon cake is one refreshing treat on breakfast table. Not a bad accompaniment with a cup of tea at tea time either. To make this Orange Loaf Cake, just follow the recipe of lemon cake and use orange zest and orange juice instead of lemon.

Ina Garten's version embellish the loaf with a generous coat of glaze, which I think is too sweet and fattening for myself. But it does make a more professional presentation, especially when you are entertaining for breakfast or tea. I think I will do that when I am giving this as gift....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails