Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Springcleaning

Frankly, I am not the neatest person among my friends. Well, come to think of it, not many of my close friends are very neat too...That's not my point anyway. You see, I am living in a one bed-room apartment, with a small kitchen. There really isn't much space to be cleaned afterall. Hence, the only challenge that I encoutered in springcleaning is the food in the fridge.

There's buttermilk, heavy cream, sour cream, cream cheese that are expiring soon. Not to mention the vegetable and fruit that we overbought on impulse. I am under tremendous pressure to use them up before they expire....Lately, I have discovered the art of freezing baked goods. Scones, muffin, quick bread, muffin can be frozen for a few months in the freezer. Though I am skeptical on the quality of baked goods after freezing, it has nevertheless offered me a possible solution.What a great invention the freezer is! But that leads me to another problem of limited freezer space. Why? because of the four 1.65L Edy's ice cream that we stocked up, and other frozen stuff we bought. It's amazing on how well-stocked our fridge and pantry are compared to our living room that is almost bare of furniture.

This morning, I received an email from my friend GL, who has also done some spring cleaning in her room, and in her heart. After breaking up with her boyfriend of 5 years, she decided to move on with her life, and disposed all the evidents that reminded her of the journey they took together. She threw away all the photos that they had taken together, the photo frames, the letters, the cards, even her own photos while they were still a couple. It must be difficult, to part with 5-years of memory, and more importantly with someone she once so loved, and later betrayed her. I ponder over the email, and think if my friend has really gotten over it and recovered from her pain. I am unsure. But I know time will heal. And I just want to tell her to take her time. For all suffering make us better, and stronger. ( I am sure she knows this by heart, being the most optimistic person among my close-knit friends).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails