Monday, January 23, 2006

Pineapple tarts

Pineapple tarts has always been one of my favorite Chinese New Year treats. Since I can't get hold of any of these this year, I resort to making it myself. Of course I don't expect to conjure up something that's as good as the Singapore/ Malaysia version, but I know I have to give it a try...

After some careful research on the recipes from the internet (as usual), I started my experiment with some uncertainties at the back of my mind. I have made far too many modification to the recipe that I doubted whether my pineapple tart were edible... Here's how they look:

I found them far from the "melt in the mouth" version, as expected. But for some strange reasons OCT liked them very much and almost finished them on his own, though I only made a few pieces to try out the recipe.

Over the Sunday lunch with our friends, he told them that my pineapple tarts tasted like the Bengawan Solo's. That is a very reputable, or rather the most famous pineapple tarts in Singapore. I almost fell from my chair.... Anyway, I am glad to have a supporter who believe in my potential around...His believe in me made me want to come out with better pineapple tarts! So this will be my project this week, and some other recipes to use up the bananas that OCT liked, and overbought from the grocery shopping yesterday..

Before I embark on my baking adventure, it's the weekly chore day on Monday :(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails